If you’re encountering the error message “CocoaPods’s specs repository is too out-of-date to satisfy dependencies” while trying to install a dependency with CocoaPods, it means that your local copy of the CocoaPods specs repository is outdated and needs to be updated.
To fix this issue, you can try the following steps:
- Update CocoaPods: Open a terminal window and run the command
sudo gem install cocoapods. This will update your local installation of CocoaPods to the latest version.
- Remove Podfile.lock: rm Podfile.lock
- Remove old CocoaPods specs: Run the command
rm -rf ~/.cocoapods/repos/masterin the terminal to remove your local copy of the CocoaPods specs repository.
- Add new CocoaPods specs: Run the command
pod setupin the terminal to download the latest version of the CocoaPods specs repository.
- Install dependencies: Run the command
pod installin the terminal to install your dependencies.
These steps should help you fix the “CocoaPods’s specs repository is too out-of-date to satisfy dependencies” error and allow you to install your dependencies with CocoaPods.